Hi, I' Am
Founder and Chairman BCTEK Engineering Limited | CEO Glosskode Tchnology solutions
A passionate leader with first class communication skills and a long track record of measurably reducing cost and increasing profitability for fortune 500 corporations. Thomas Sue was the Chief Information and Corporate Services Officer of Oando PLC with oversight for over N80bn yearly procurement spend. Prior to joining Oando in 2012, he was the Chief Operating Officer of Helios Tower Nigeria (HTN) between 2008 and 2012. He is a business executive with over eighteen years of experience in managing technology solutions development, applying best practices and systems re-engineering from multiple industries. He is vast in go to market and operational strategies that cuts across the Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing and Government institutions.
Strategic Planning and P&L Management, Organizational Design & Reconstruction, Program and Project Management, Managing Outsource IT Function and Service Level Agreement, ERP Implementation, New Product and Technology Launch, Global Purchasing, Vendor and Contract Negotiation.
1. Led the transformation of all aspects of Oando PLC product strategy, software development, and delivery of Oracle’s software product portfolio including Oracle ERP, system, customer relationship management, and supply chain management applications to reduce overall spend by 35% or N 2bn savings in 18 months.
2. Promoted and gained approval to rewire the IT strategic intent to align with a Profit Center model and form a new subsidiary.
3. Un-Sung Hero Award of Excellence; “In recognition of leadership and deep commitment to the growth of the company”.
4. Coordinated activities associated with raising additional funding for Helios Towers Nigeria business, where diverse inputs (e.g., financial, technical, operational, quality) were managed, resulting in a major institution investing $250M.
5. Managed capital IT projects over $30M: Automated the Tower Operations Center with a robust infrastructure management platform, comprising of telemetry & ERP systems to reduce site Opex by 25% with positive EBITDA.
6. Championed & led a continuous improvement initiative through six sigma concepts to achieve ISO 9001:2008 Certification for Helios Towers Nigeria with improved operational performance and slashed manual processes by 50% resulting in a 20% reduction of overhead costs.
7. Launched the administration and monitoring of environmental health, safety programs and policies company-wide to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulation to fulfil a condition precedent for loan disbursement by IFC.
8. Championed an outsourced strategy that contained cost escalations and saved over 35% of existing spend.